somy

Friday, June 18, 2010

M.I.A!

Yes, I agree, I have been missing in action for....three days? but I am back and ready to dish out more. Over the period I was MIA a lot of my friends, especially one, Ada O. wanted to kill me because of the "suspense" I am keeping you guys in...getting to the part of how I actually lost the weight and posting up pictures of my before and after...so, because of her, I have decided to cut the long story short and move things up. Today, I am going to reveal what I did to go from 85.5kg to 69.2kg. WOW!!!!!! that is a huuuuuuuuge difference even if I say so myself. So peepus....brace yourselves cos here i go!

P.s.....the before and after pictures would be posted later...hope you dont mind Ada O.


I started this fantastc and fabulous journey December 2009, but half way into it, because of an unfortunate event, I had to stop. So, I can safely say that I started this weight loss program February, 2010! As you begin to read this, you will find out that some of the things I did are probably things you have heard before but just dont want to...anyway...

I have, over the years, tried alot of "quick" weight loss diets...thereby having a yoyo diet. Some I had been "successful" with but after I reached my goal, within a shorter time, I bounced back to what I was. So this time, I decided to do things right. In order to embark on such a journey, you must first of all go through a self-therapy. You need to sit down and talk to yourself and tell your self the truth about things. I did not set a fictitious date as to when I want to achieve my goal weight. I made up my mind that, since I have been through series of weight loss programs, if at the end of this, I have not achieved my desired weight, I would not embark on another immediately, I would give myself a break...because to be honest, it is a very emotional journey. So, once I was able to psch myself, the next move was to plan the types of activities(exercises) that I would do that not only will I not tire out of but would enjoy and have a long term effect and at the same time, become part of my lifestyle. This is so because I found out that you can go to the gym 24/7 and everyday, but once it is not a part of you, your efforts woul be fruitless. Imagine you cannot go to the gym for a month because of the nature of your job, so, for one month you will just pack on the pounds? So, in my search for good exercises, I had to look for activities that I can involve myself in, that are everyday things that use the muscles but in actual fact, are indirect exercises. For me, work starts 7.30am, I do not have a car, so I use public transport aka, danfoo and okada (ok....sometimes, cab), my office is a 12 floor building and my office is on the 4th floor, we close by 4. 30pm. My office is on the island and I live in surulere, so, these are the activities I came up with:

1. In the morning, I power walk to the bus stop....lol...yes...power walk, swinging my hands and all...thank God is still dark, so no one really sees me...but really, at the end of the day no one actually cares, as early as that, you will see people jogging and all.

2. When I get to my office, I do not use the elevator, I climb the staircase all the way to the last floor; 10th floor and then I come down to my floor, the 4th floor. Every time I have to go up to a floor, I do not use the elevator.

3. (The Lagosians would understand this more) After work, I usually get a free ride up to costain, then I get on a bus and stop at Shitta and walk from there to my house, which is a 20 to 30 minutes walk. there are times that I go home with our staff bus, so, then, I stop at the National Stadium and walk home from there which is like 40 minutes. I enjoy walking cos its refreshing and invigorating and at especially at that time of the day, when the sun is down. Note, here I do not power walk cos I am soooooo exhausted fromj work, so I more like stroll/walk...there are times when am not tired after work, I then do power walk, therefore the time of the walk is shorter.

Now, there are days ofcourse, I cannot do all these, especially the weekends, what I then do is alternte, some weekends I go for a 2 hour power walk and some weekends I do aerobics in my house. I have this aerobics video from back in the days of "Jane Fonda". So, now, walking is a part of me and it has made me not to be a lazy person. Those times that I need to go somewhere that was just 10-20 minutes away from my house, I would just hop in a car and off I went, now, I just walk! Walking is a great exercise and its and an all round exercise too. It works every part of your body: arms, legs, hips, abs, and its exceptionally good for the heart.

The next phase of my weight loss plan was the food...

1 comment:

  1. I have stopped deceiving myself about exercise. I don't like it that much, so I can't be like my sister that works out for hours, 30mins is enough for me.
    I guess I'll start the walking and stairs thing.

    ReplyDelete