somy

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

HEALTHY INDULGENCE...

Here are some of the foods (with their recipes) that were with me and still with me during my unforgettable journey into the world of the fit and healthy. Enjoy.

BOLI (roasted plantain) + Veggies
This is one of my favorites because it's quick to make and very delicious. This food is soooooo balanced that it makes me want to shout...wooohooo. It contains, iron, vitamins, mineral, protein, carbohydrate, fats and oil, etc. It is a meal that can carry you through out the day.

 Here is how I make it:


Ingredients:
1. one ripe plantain
2. cabbage
3. carrots
4. chicken
5. onions
6. spring onions
7. cobia (or another type of fish)
8. lettuce
9. cucumber
10. seasoning

Cooking
1. Take your ripe plantain and peel
2. Put your plantain in the oven and set to roast/bake
3. boil your chicken and fish (Separately) and (Ofcourse, season it)
4. When the chicken and fish are done, de-bone it and dice or shred
5. Cut/shred/dice the carrots, onions, spring onions, cucumber, lettuce and cabbage
6. Get a frying pan spray on it cooking olive oil (if you do not have that, you can use the regular cooking oil and put a dash of it in the frying pan)
7. when the oil gets slightly hot, put in the chicken, fish, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, onions, spring onions, and season.
8. And fry lightly and quick. You just want to get it soft a bit and tasty. You can sprinkle a little water for it to cook a little. Remember this cooking it quick because your vegetables are not supposed to cook or fry for long or else you loose the vitamins (the essence).

when the veggies and your roasted/baked plantain/boli are ready, dish them unto a plate ... presto...ready to eat. Bon appetite (i hope i got the spelling...lol)




RICE AND GREEN VEGGIES

This is for if you must eat rice! The green vegetable substitutes the regular stew, sauce, soup, or whatever one takes with rice.








CHINESE NOODLES, MIXED VEGGIES, FISH AND SNAIL










PLANTAIN, GREEN (UGU aka PUMPKIN LEAF) AND FISH
Yep! am sure some of you would look at this and say whaaaaaat! Trust me its delicious and best of all healthy. If i were at home eating this, I would have substituted the fried plantain (dodo) with roasted plantain...but heey...had to do with what I had.



NOTE: For me, I eat "heavy meals" (the foods am posting up) during lunch, never for breakfast or dinner. For dinner and breakfast, I always have something light. Most times, I have fruits, quaker oat for breakfast or dinner. I do this because I know that when am done I would burn it. If I eat a heavy meal in the night, the next thing is to go to bed and ....extra pounds. Another thing to remember is never eat past 7.00PM!!!!!!!! If you are hungry afterwards, drink water or take fruits or go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment